Skip to main content

WINNIE THE POOH Butterick dress for my Daughter
























This is the first time I’ve attempted to make an item of clothing so I thought I’d go for something small and some what simple! This is the Butterick pattern 3405 and I chose to make the top from C which was just long enough to be a dress on Vienna. I actually didn't realise that it had pants too because you can't see them in the picture of the baby on the packaging!









For the most part, it was easy to follow (with the help of google and my mum for jargon busting) but the hardest part was the sleeve seam because you have to ease the fabric through the machine which I couldn't get my head around. It took a few goes to get it lined up but I had to just go for it and hope for the best! I'm very much a perfectionist so 'just going for it' was hard but I'm realising that that's the only way for me to master tricky sewing techniques. If it goes wrong then I know for next time. 

I loved putting the darts in the front of the dress though which is probably the easiest thing to do. It was so satisfying to see it come together and I must of said "AWW" 100 times while making the dress! 

Here's a few pictures of the finished dress, I think it turned out pretty good for a first go! can't wait to get started on the next one! 
















                                                                     








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Quarter Projects - Phone case and Wallet Tutorial

Here's a tutorial on how to make this really handy phone case/wallet! I've used a fat quarter pack of this cute cat fabric from The Craft Cotton Company which is perfect for any cat lover, alternatively you can make this using any left over fabric from previous projects! I had fabric left over from my fat quarters that I can save for any smaller makes too. Here's what you'll need to make this case based on my phone measurements (iPhone X- 3"x 5.5") : -8"x 10" of outer fabric  -8"x 10" of lining fabric  -8"x 10" of wadding - I used single-sided fusible fleece but use what you prefer - 2 8"x 8" of pocket fabric  - 1 8"x 6" of pocket fabric  - 2 4"x 6.5" of flap fabric  - 2.5" x 14" of strap fabric  - 1/2" D ring  - 1" swivel clip - 1 magnetic snap  If your phone doesn't measure the same as mine, place your phone on your outer fabric and cut 1" around the pho...

Busy Bee Sewing Room Set

If you’re just starting to sew or are an experienced sewer, this is a lovely and easy way to coordinate your sewing machine accessories and keep your machine clean when it isn’t in use. This is a tutorial on how to make the machine dust cover, matching sewing machine mat and biscornu pin cushion. I’ve used a 5 piece fat quarter pack of the busy bee print fabric from Craft Cotton Company for a fresh, springtime feel, hope you enjoy this tutorial! Sewing machine dust cover -  What you'll need: - 2 pieces of outer fabric measuring 16x14.5 inches (measure this against your machine, if yours in smaller or bigger then adjust the amount you’ll need. Add about half an inch to both the height and width to allow for seams - 2 pieces of lining fabric measuring the same - 2 x Wadding measuring the same  – I used fusible fleece - 2 x fabric for the lining of the pocket measuring 17x6.5 inches (I’ve measured the strip slightly wider than the width of the out...

Welcome to my Blog!

So this is the first time I'm writing a blog, which seems strange because everyone and their dog has a blog these days, but here we go...  I live in London with my boyfriend Gildas (Gilly) and our beautiful daughter Vienna-Rae. I work as part-time as a Visual Merchandiser for a company called Superdry, which is actually where I met Gilly about 5  years ago! (aww) The reason why I wanted to start this blog was to document and chat about my experience whilst learning to sew. My mum is the VERY  talented Debbie Shore, sewing author/blogger/youtuber/presenter extraordinaire, so you can see where I get my inspiration from! Now that I have a little girl, I want to be able to make her everything! This might just be a fantasy  of mine... or I might end up being able to make her gorgeous clothes, we shall see!! I would love to be able to make my own clothes but I’ll start with the basics and see which direction I steer off to. I have no idea what I enjoy making yet as I...